The idea is simple. Go get yourself a bunch of stickers. Any stickers will do. If you don't have one you'll need a calendar too. If you exercise, you earn a sticker. You put the sticker on your calendar and watch them add up all month. Post up your results by the 5th of the following month and the player(s) with the most stickers on their calendar, WINS! The user(s) with the least amount of stickers becomes the "Sticker Fairy" (SF for short) and the SF has to send the winner a sticker package. It's a lot of fun and a great way to get motivated and it's an amusing and instantly gratifying challenge. Every time you walk by that calendar, you see your accomplishment and nothing makes me smile faster then knowing I can put a sticker on my calendar when I am done working out.
Easy enough, right?
Some further clarification may be required however.
First you must become a member of the community! You can request access to the community by Clicking Here! Once you have joined the community you MUST complete the Member Profile Form Post your completed profile in the community. Be sure to use the correct Title/Subject format. Make sure to put your name and address into the community Address Poll! Your contact information will be kept confidential! Your contact information will ONLY be shared in the event that you are a winner! At such time, it will ONLY be given to your StickerFairy! **If you are not willing to share your mailing address, then perhaps this is not the challenge for you. Once these steps have been completed, you are ready to participate.
1) The last week of every month the mods will post a "Roll Call" for the upcoming challenge. --a) You MUST comment on this post to participate. Yes, every single month. We will not assume that because you have participated one month that you will continue to participate the next month. --b) These "Roll Call" posts will be stored in memories for easy access --c) You must sign-up before the 10th of the current challenge month, otherwise you'll have to wait until the following month to participate.
2) To earn a sticker you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes --a) You can only earn one sticker per day --b) You can workout for longer periods/multiple sessions but you can only count 1 sticker per day. --c) You can work out in shorter sessions, ie. 10 10 10 or 15 15 or 10 20, but your total must equal 30 in order to earn your sticker. Please don't count sessions shorter than 10 minutes towards your total.
3) YOU MUST TAKE OFF ONE DAY EACH WEEK! --a) Your body needs at least one day of rest each week --b) A week runs from Sunday to Saturday --c) If you still choose to workout 7 days a week, that's fine. You will not be allowed to include those days in your tally for month end results. We will be checking for this
4) Month end Result Tallies are due by the 5th of the following month. i.e. April Challenge DUE no later then midnight on May 5th --a) A post will be made to remind everyone to post their results by the due date --b) Title format for Result Tally posts should be as follows: UserName - Final Tally - X-MONTH
**Ideally, at the end of the month, we’d like you to take a picture of your calendar and include it in your "Final Tally" post for everyone to see. This will help keep us honest but mostly it's just really cool to see all the different groovy stickers, cool calendars and accomplishments of the group. It's a real motivator! If you need a place to host your picture, my_diet_log has graciously offered to supply temporary links for your post. Contact my_diet_log to make arrangements. Note: If you don't have a digital camera you can still play, we just won't get to see your pretty stickers.
Please size your pictures appropriately or else use an LJ-cut
5) Winner(s) and StickerFaries will be announced within 72 hours of the Results Deadline (the 5th) --a) Mods will provide addresses when needed --b) Sticker packages must be mailed ASAP! Preferably within two weeks or by the 19th --c) When you receive stickers, please acknowledge your StickerFairy in the community so that we know you have received your reward. Pictures of the package are encouraged, maybe your cool stickers will motivate and encourage someone else to strive for more stickers. =)
***Sticker Fairy Package Requirements*** Reward packages should consist of no less then 31 stickers and no more then 62 stickers. Reference the winning users profile for sticker ideas and sticker size preferences.
**If you owe someone stickers and for whatever reason you are unable to send them **If you are a winner and you have not received your StickerFairy package by the end of the following month Please notify adiasplat and/or my_diet_log, ASAP!
6) You can win several months in a row. Hey! If you earned it, then you deserve it. Mods will NOT win every month – Exception will be made for this situation
7) In the event of a tie, all winners will receive stickers. If multiple people tie for 1st place, then there will be multiple StickerFairies. Starting with the least amount of stickers and working our way up, each SF will be provided with one of the winners names.
You are welcome to join part-way through a month, but keep in mind that others are at an advantage and you might wind up owing someone stickers. Remember - It's perfectly acceptable to join the community early and wait for the next challenge to begin before participating.
NOTICE: As of May 1st, 2004 anyone who drops out prematurely will have to wait a 60 day suspension before participating again. This is to prevent people from dropping out just to avoid being a sticker fairy. Exceptions can/will be made on a case by case basis Only if you contact a moderator! Obviously you should not be penalized for broken bones or extreme circumstances so exceptions will be made at the discretion of the mods. The moderators' decisions are final.
If you fail to report your final tally by the due-date without notice, we can only assume you have dropped out and you will be subject to the 60 day suspension.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Feel free to use the community to chat with fellow participants or give and receive motivation. Post reviews or workout suggestions. Articles about fitness and exercise are always welcome. We also hope to see updates through out the month. If you're having a hard time, let us know, maybe someone can help encourage you or give you a suggestion to assist. Maybe someone can motivate you to earn a few more stickers...who knows, it could be you who is motivating others. =)
Clear as mud?
If you have any questions, PLEASE ASK! If you have any suggestions for the community, please post them! This community is new and we're open to ideas and we hope to iron out any issues or concerns. We really want this community to work and in order for that to happen we will need the feedback from our members. Please let us know if you can this of anything that is missing or that cold be beneficial to the community. If not then, It's time to get exercising! Someone else probably already has a sticker or two!